ABOUT THE STUDIES
While the majority of our studies have focused on soft contact lens development, there may be opportunities in the future to improve eye health through clinical research.
Each study has a protocol which will determine how long the study will last, how many visits are required, which assessments are to be performed, and how many participants are to be enrolled. JCRC conducts some studies that only require a single visit, while others require multiple visits over several weeks, or even multiple visits in the same day.
We will schedule all study visits up front, so that you have plenty of time to prepare. JCRC operates during normal business hours Monday through Friday. You should remember to bring both your contact lenses and your glasses to each visit, as well as any provided study-related materials.
About the participants we seek
In the coming months, we may be looking for:
- Participants ages six to 17
- Soft and toric (astigmatism) contact lens wearers ages 18 and over
- Multifocal contact lens wearers over age 40
- Colored contact lens wearers (and those who would like to be)
- Those who don’t wear contact lenses but require distance correction with glasses
- Soft contact lens wearers:
- with comfort issues
- who sleep in their lenses
- of East Asian descent